A Word from Chuck is a column by Chuck Bell, President of Bell Ophthalmic
It’s easy for stress levels to reach a critical mass during the hustle and bustle of the holidays.
But it’s important to take a step back, take a deep breath, and reflect.
For us at Bell, it’s our busiest time of the year. With customers cashing in on last-minute tax breaks, we’re working 14-hour days to make sure our doctors are fully equipped for the New Year.
But it’s rewarding, too. Because what preceded this holiday madness was one of Bell’s most successful years in our 50+ year history.
- We helped Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia expand its geographic footprint and bring world-renowned eyecare to Princeton, New Jersey; Wilmington, Delaware; and King of Prussia, Pennsylvania.
- We helped doctors in private practice close on a Friday and re-open in a facility three times the size of their old one on Monday.
- We donned our hard hats and worked with contractors to prevent hiccups during the new construction of several new group practices.
- We’re in the process of helping Wills Eye Hospital upgrade its digs and pave the way for more clinical care.
- We helped glaucoma specialists increase efficiency, make a better diagnose, and reduce their carbon footprint with the all-digital Octopus 900 perimeter.
- And, much, much more that my egg-nog-soaked brain can’t remember right now.
All in all, it’s been a fantastic year and I’d like to personally thank you for trusting us with your business and reputation. It means everything to us. So from all of us at Bell Ophthalmic. Happy Holidays, and we’ll see you back in 2016 – or next week.